Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Moving Forward...

For the last few days, I have been pondering how birthparents are able to move on with life after making an adoption plan for a child. What tools does it take to be able to move forward? Adoption is a loss and sometimes how to get over that loss, seems impossible.

Here is all I could come up with:

I had to be still before I could move forward. And in my stillness, I grasped acceptance.

What? Yes, I had to be still before I could take my next big steps in life. With any loss, you need time to process the event, adjust your dreams and learn to find a new normal. I needed time to grieve, to regroup, to breathe…. But I mainly needed time to accept what had happened. During my time of stillness, I was able to accept the decision I had made. Once I could accept my adoption decision fully, I was able to move forward. I was able to find peace and I was able to empower myself to move forward.

Do you agree?

~Janelle


“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. “ (Psalm 46:1)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/25/2010

    I shoot for a goal in life and my family keeps me moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/26/2010

    I totally agree. It was a pain unlike any I had felt before and honestly it took me a long time to find peace. But God is good and will get you through it if you let Him have control of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your thoughts? Comments make my life much more interesting!