Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lullaby For a Birthmom

It has been way too long since I have wrote my thoughts on this page... I will explain more in posts still yet to come! 

I received a facebook message this afternoon with a video link that I want to pass on to you as well.  It is a simple song with a powerful message... Enjoy the video~

Michael Pearce Donley
Lullaby For a Birthmom




Michael Pearce Donley's tribute to birthmothers. "Birthmoms are heroes," Michael says. "and it's time they had a song to honor them." This was recorded live on January 30, 2010, a few days after it was written. This was part of a performance called "Laugh for Life" as a benefit for New Life Family Services.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying this. He's an amazing man with an amazing talent and story to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out DEBUT at www.loisbooks.com, a novel to be released in November 2010, giving voice to the birth mother and the child she gave up; and the deepening reality of their separation over time. I'm an adoptive parent who will be forever linked to birth parents in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/02/2010

    Janelle - I just found your blog and it's been so helpful to me! I placed my birthson 19 years ago in an open adoption - his parents have seen me letters twice/year. However, this summer my birthson (with the blessing of his parents) contacted me directly to begin a relationship (which I am thrilled about). But I'm really struggling with, "What next?" We've been e-mailing for a few months with a vague plan to talk on the phone/meet in person - I don't know what to do/think and a little bit I feel like I need to take the lead as the grown-up (but at the same time I want to wait until he's comfortable). Any advise????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,
    Aren't the "what next" questions and feelings scary? Have you connected face to face yet? My best words of advice... take it slow. You will be on an emotional roller coaster so please give yourself time to process all the different feelings that you will go through. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your thoughts? Comments make my life much more interesting!