Friday, January 7, 2011

My Journey Continues...

Not a day goes by that I am not reminded of where I came from, the road I have traveled… and wonder where God will lead me next.  As you can see, I have been MIA when it comes to blogging—and I have missed it!  This blog was created as a means of sharing the thoughts/heart of a birth mother, someone who survived placing her first born and offering support for those just starting on the road that I have been traveling for many years.
My road took a new twist this last summer.  Five months ago, I made a very hard decision to leave Family Life Services where I considered it a privilege to work/volunteer for the last 10 years and enter a new phase of ministry as the Director of the Liberty Godparent Home.  It has been exciting, scary, and a true picture of God’s grace to use me for such a job as this.
One thing that hasn’t changed--- my passion for young ladies facing unplanned pregnancies and my desire to see their life transformed into something amazing.  I will continue to blog as time allows and will broaden my topics as my life/vision broadens.  I feel so blessed to hold this position…and it is one that I don’t take lightly.  Please pray for me as I continue to follow God’s will for my life. 
Pray that God will do miraculous things within our ministry—thing that we could never imagine!
~Janelle
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations Janelle!! I remember almost every detail of your story that you shared during our Adoption Seminar back in May of 2003. And I have thought back to it many times during the past 7-1/2 years with Christopher. Thanks for all that you do and the impact that you are making on both sides...birth families & adoptive families!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy, Has it really been 7+ years? Wow! Time has flown by...
    Thank you for your kind words. I am blown away by God's blessings on my life and have to give Him all the glory.
    I hope you are all doing well....keep in touch-- jabasham@liberty.edu or find me on facebook.
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your thoughts? Comments make my life much more interesting!