Sunday, January 16, 2011

Staff Meeting...

I have the privilege of working with an amazing team of women at the Liberty Godparent Home.  Recently, I asked them to share on my blog any thoughts or stories they have about our ministry.   Read below a journal entry from 2009 and enjoy the words/thoughts of our houseparent Jen.

Staff sits in a semi-circle around the recreation room. We are all on couches or cushion chairs with our notes in our laps. We take turns discussing each girl and then we talk about our plan to assist her in whatever direction she wants to take. Then each girl is brought before the Lord in prayer-her special needs, concerns, obstacles, praises- for a plan for her and her baby. I am so honored to be a part of it-- a place where the hearts of our staff all work together, in love for each girl.


I picture the angels having their own staff meeting. I imagine them meeting together and Jesus Christ leading the discussions. He brings each of our names up, and the angels and the Lord talk with each other about how we have grown, what we need, what direction God wants us to take, and how they plan to help us in a divine way.

I feel the love Jesus has for us, and for those we have in our lives, and for those we minister to and with.
It's awesome. Our God is an awesome God.

God Bless,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts? Comments make my life much more interesting!