Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another life forever changed...

For each young lady that comes to stay at the Liberty Godparent Home, she brings a story with her.  Our goal is for her to find a future and purpose--a reason to push forward with life.  Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  As each return home and leave our program, we ask that they write a testimony of where God has brought them.  I wanted to share her story with you... Enjoy!
~Janelle


I was raised in a Christian home all of my life. Every Sunday morning we went to Sunday School and church. My parents cared and loved for me in every way possible. When I started High School is when I drew away from them. I wanted to do it my way and no one else’s. My Junior year of High School I went off the edge, so to say. I was lying to my parents more than ever and getting my way with everything I could. When I met "Andy" though it became even worse than I could imagine. I always have had amazing friends who would do anything for me, but most of all we watched out for each other. When I told them about Andy they all told me he was bad new and they didn’t even know him!! So I just started hiding everything from them about Andy and my relationship. I would tell them we broke up just so they wouldn’t ask about him.


Andy though truly cared about me…. Or so I thought. He had me so convinced to leave my house when I was eighteen. The day I found out I was pregnant my world came crashing down on me. Andy told me I had two weeks to decide whether I wanted to keep the baby or have an abortion. If I didn’t have an abortion he would leave me. My heart hurt like never before. I felt so alone. My friends were there for me, yet I felt as if they knew nothing. A week later my heart broke even more. I found out the whole time Andy wasn’t who he said he was. He was a criminal and had been on the run for more than three years. I didn’t even know who he was anymore.

Meanwhile my parents had been looking at maternity homes that I could go too. When they first told me I did not want to go AT ALL. Once I found out about Andy though I wanted to be as far away from home as possible. That’s when we heard about the Liberty Godparent Home. When we went to visit I knew that was the home I would be spending the rest of my pregnancy.

My time at the Godparent Home totally turned my life around! My parents became my best friends and God has become more real to me more than anything! I really had to learn how to grow up. Not only for me, but for my daughter, "Adrianna". I would do anything in the world for her and that’s why I chose to do adoption. She will have an amazing life with amazing parents. I can’t wait to see what God has planned for the both us!


**Names have been changed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts? Comments make my life much more interesting!