Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Two lives forever changed...


Staying connected is super important to me... so important that I usually have Facebook open on my work computer at all times.  

Today, I received a message from a past resident regarding something she has been writing.  After reading her thoughts and what God was able to do in her life, she granted permission for me to share it with you!  
Enjoy,
Janelle


I was at a point in my life where I just didn't care about anything anymore. I didn't want to die, but I didn't care what happened to me either. 

When I found out I was pregnant, I hated God more than I had before. I cursed at Him for putting this burden on me and for ruining my life. Surely He hated me. I found the Liberty Godparent Home after I lost all my so called "friends," my boyfriend, and the majority of my family. 

Inside the Home, I went through more in 6 months than in my entire life. I suffered withdrawal from the sinful outrageous life I had been living. I even tried to run away from the Home.

I remember one night specifically while we were at Liberty University campus church, a girl from the home that I had come to be really close to, (who still to this day encourages me when I get down) grabbed my hand during the praise and held it towards the ceiling. At first, I didn't understand, but we kept them raised through the prayer, and I felt a presence. I started paying closer attention to the morning devotions and lessons, and I even studied on my own. I not only found a relationship with God, but I also graduated high school, started college, and they helped me make a list and get everything I needed to start a good life with my son. I can't imagine where we would be without the Home or the emotional support they provided me during my pregnancy.

I lost my family during my pregnancy, but through the Home, I gained a new one, and although my family has lost contact with me, I still am able to contact anyone from the Home if I am in need of a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on.

I always say it was my son who saved my life, but it was most definitely the Liberty Godparent Home who saved his.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts? Comments make my life much more interesting!