Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Special Place in Her Heart


One of our current residents came into my office today with a piece of paper.  She proudly handed it over and said "it's for the blog" ...while sporting a huge smile on her face.  I was thrilled and super proud of the thoughts she wanted to share with you!  Please keep each of our young ladies in prayer as they continue on their own journeys.
Janelle


"Since I have come to the Liberty Godparent Home, I have changed for the better in so many ways.  Being here has given me the opportunity to not only learn more about myself, but also learn more about God.  This program has helped me become more mature, especially in making my decision in whether or not I would like to parent or place my child for adoption.  Life here doesn’t always seem easy, but it is comforting to know that the staff really does care a lot about our babies’ future and us.  I know that one day, when all is said and done, I will come out of this as a better person in more ways than one.

When you first come to the Home, things can be quite difficult to handle.  You have daily chores, schoolwork, tons of classes and counseling.  At times you may not always want to do the things that are on the schedule, but at the same time we know that these are things that are teaching and developing us to become a better person.  Living in a house full of girls can be complicated at times, but it seems to work out in the end and you all end up becoming family.

Without the Liberty Godparent Home I don’t know where I would be.  This place has become like a second home and all of the houseparents’ are like moms.  I know that I can come to them for anything. The Liberty Godparent Home will always have a special place in my heart."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts? Comments make my life much more interesting!