Monday, January 12, 2015

A Special Thank You

A few months ago, I received an email from Teddy James, a journalist with the American Family Association Journal.  As we emailed back and forth, he reminded me about our first meeting two years ago.   Incredibly, I remembered him... generally, I am struggling to remember what I did last month so that was a blessing!

Our paths had first crossed while I was exhibiting for the Home at a conference in North Carolina.  I didn't think much of our initial conversation as it was short and normal "exhibit talk"-- in under 10 seconds: who we are, what we do and how we change lives.  As we exchanged cards, he shared his interest in writing a piece about the Liberty Godparent Maternity Home and would contact me in the future.  Upon my return home, I slipped it in my "keep" file of business cards and hoped to hear from him.

Well, two years later and after a long phone interview, the article is complete and timing couldn't be more perfect.   January 22, 2015 marks the 42nd year since the U.S. Supreme Court decided to legalize abortion in our country.  In our little town of Lynchburg, Virginia, we have housed over 1,200 expecting Moms that needed another option-- which also means that 1,200 babies were saved from abortion.   These ladies have come to us from all across the U.S.-- and sometimes beyond the borders.

Teddy, thank you for taking the time to come to our booth at the conference and listen to who we are, what we do and how we change lives.  My prayer is that God will use your words through this story to continue getting our name in front of those that need our help.

Please take a moment to read and share the article (CLICK HERE) that was written about the Godparent Home program.

Have a blessed day~  Janelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts? Comments make my life much more interesting!